Sunday, December 14, 2008

SISTER Sunday - Dec 14th


We have a special lady for you to meet this morning. Jean was our very first sister back when we started our blog.
We thought we'd invite her back for a week :-)

Jean Pennington

Tell us about your family: It is now just myself and spouse that live at home with our cat Nancy and dog Jack. I have three wonderful sons and daughter-in laws, two sweet as can be grandaughters ages 17 month and 4 months old who are the shining lights in our little family. And my Mother who I am very close with has now moved down to my state to be close to us.

Who/What inspired you to start scrapbooking? After the death of my Father in 2004 all the old family photos passed down to me. I had been working on my families genealogy for many years and had compiled them all into an album. I thought it would be nice to add some photographs to go along.

Coming across a Scrapbook magazine in the store I thought this would be perfect not only would it add to my family history but it would help to satisfy my urge to create.

Does anyone in your family also scrap? Sadly no one yet , but we do all share a common bond of crafting in different mediums.

What size do you normally scrap? Normally 12 X 12 though I began with 8.5 x11

What is your favourite colour scheme? I don't think I really have one...but I do notice I tend to use abit of red in my layouts. I am drawn to earth colors.

~~~~~~~~

Jean submitted this altered item for Challenge 84:


Take a look at Jean's beautiful work in her gallery and also on her blog - Welcome to My Craft World.

~~~~~~~~~

Drop by tomorrow for our next weekly challenge!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean Marie! It's nice to see your smiling face once again... I love checking your blog, you are such an interesting and creative person!

Jean Marie said...

Thanks so much sisters for having me again!
I have been watching this blog's growth from the begining.
I am inspired each week one way or another by all the different sisters.
Three cheers to you all !!

Thanks Lois :)