Friday, June 8, 2007

FOTO Friday - Week 8

Old photos....they help you to remember things from years gone by, they help you to reminisce about the good and bad times, and they also help you to see what you used to look like many, many, years ago!

For the past couple of weeks, my family and I have been doing a LOT of reminiscing over old photos. We've been sharing them on Facebook and laughing about old times, and commenting about things we remembered! It was at this time, I saw a photo of me when I was about the same age of my youngest dd. And...believe me...it took me by complete surprise how much she now resembles what I used to look like. After hearing sooooo many people talking about how she looked like my husband's side of the family, I can now understand why my mom always said she looked like me.


My daughter even took one look at the picture and said, "Oh......my......goodness!!! Mommy....you look JUST like me!" It made me laugh because even she could see the resemblance.

I'll let you be the judge though.

Here's a photo of me!
















And here's Sara!
See the resemblance??
I challenge you today to pull out those old photos, and reminisce about those times. Create a layout or two about things you remember or about how you look like someone else in your family. The greatest thing.... a blood relation does not even have to be present for a resemblance to be seen! (sometimes even best friends start to resemble one another after a while.) We'd love to see what you create or find, so share it with us by placing the link in the comments!
Sisterhood...a celebration of the he{ART}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The resemblance is amazing!

Unknown said...

Wow, Susan! I never realized that Sara was so much like you! I always thought she was like the Coish's :-)

Ginny said...

You do look alike! Me & my oldest look alike right now. I get comments all the time. My youngest doesn't really look anything like me or my husband. She does look like my moms side though. I was just looking at old photos a few days ago & never realized how much my 5 year old looks like my 9 year old (when she was 5), if that makes sense, lol. It is fun looking at resemblances.

Anonymous said...

Sure does look like you Susan....what a couple of cuties :)I have a niece who does not look like anyone in the immediate family...but looks like her GGG Grandmother in an old photo we came across..it was so fun to see the connection to her ancestors

Mrs. Nancy G said...

CRAZY! You two look identical! That's really cool.
:-)