Friday, November 21, 2008

Jeanie's Favorite Layout

Tell us about your favorite layout you have ever completed? So far, this is my favorite layout. This is a break from my bright colors and I am happy with how it turned out.

What do you love the most about scrapping? I like how it helps me to relax and unwind after a stressful day. In one of my journals I wrote that the reason why I scrap is that so all the ugliness of a day can vanish behind what I think are my pretty creations. I can’t begin to count the number of times my scrapping time has saved what would’ve otherwise been a bad day. I think my fiancée thinks I’m crazy when he sees me smiling when I look at my scrapbook supplies.

What do you dislike the most about scrapbooking? I dislike cleaning after my mess. I have this obsessive compulsive behavior to keep my workspace always clean so I can’t start unless the house is clean. Then, when I have started scrapping, I would take a break every now and then to clean up and put away materials I am not using. It actually takes me longer to finish an LO because of the cleaning breaks.

What topic do you find the most difficult to scrap? I find it difficult to scrap about kids basically because I don’t have one of my own (yet!) and masculine layouts. I also have a difficult time scrapping holiday themed layouts like Halloween, Christmas or Easter.

Have you ever taught a scrapbooking class? No, I am nowhere near good enough that I would actually have the courage to teach.

Have you ever been published? No but that is my dream. Ain’t it every scrappers’ dream? Here’s hoping!

What type of camera do you use? I use a canon digital camera. I’ve been putting off buying an expensive SLR because I tell myself, scrapbooking is an expensive hobby in itself, I don’t need to add another one.

What would be your perfect day? My perfect day would be scrapping in a hotel – so that I don’t have to clean up after my mess! I asked my fiancée if I can scrap during our honeymoon because there would definitely be room service in the hotel to do the cleaning for me and guess what? He said yes!

I can't imagine my life without ...Without the people I love.



No comments: