Thursday, October 16, 2008

TEXT Thursday-Oct 16th


A Father Is...
A Father is neither an anchor to hold us back
nor a sail to take us there,
but always a guiding light
whose love shows us the way.
The warm light of your love
shines in my memories and in my heart
reminding me of your guidance
your care, and most of all, your love
*unknown


This date is a tough date for us sisters. We lost our dad 10 years ago on the 16th of Oct.

He died in a tragic vehicle accident, alone on a highway in a bad rainstorm.
He is missed greatly. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of my dad at least 3-4 times. There are so many things around me that remind me of him all the time. He built all the cupboards in my house.I have pictures of him in my house. I see him so much in my oldest boy. Rainbows remind me of him. I feel that a rainbow is his sign to all of us that he's watching over us.On the day we buried him, there was a double rainbow in the sky. To this day, even though seeing a rainbow makes my heart ache a little, and it makes me miss him more, I am in awe of the beauty and mystery of a rainbow. I love rainbows and I love my dad...And miss him...


Blog about someone or something you have missed for 10 years or more.
If you don't have a blog, leave us a comment here.


No comments: