Sunday, August 10, 2008

SISTER Sunday - August 10th

Please welcome our first sister from our home province of Newfoundland & Labrador!


VANESSA COLBOURNE

Tell us about your family: Well, as I am only 21 (almost 22-just another few days- woot!), I have no "family" of my own per say. However I have the best parents and brother in the world. My parents are separated, and have been for 12 years, they are both amazing people, they are just not so amazing together. My brother is 20 and living in Alberta right now and I really miss him. Aside from my family I have been dating my boyfriend now for nearly 8 years! Yes, I’m a bit young to have had a boyfriend for 8 years- but it has been a blast and has taught me so much, and he really is my best friend.

Who/What inspired you to start scrapbooking? Well, I’ve always been a "scrapbooker" of sorts. When I was younger I used to scrapbook gum wrapper and silly stuff like that in high school, I have journal after journal full of "stuff". However, I mainly started last year when I done an entire scrapbook for my brother for his graduation. It was a blast.

Does anyone in your family also scrap? Nope, my mother is an avid quilter now, she used to always do cross-stich but she has given that up since she got her new sewing machine.

What size do you normally scrap? Always 12 x 12. Although I have a new 8 x 8 album that I want to use now.

What is your favourite colour scheme? I would have to say purple (with any other color), I always find myself using it.

How many hours a week do you scrap? 5+ if I find the time. University keeps me pretty busy, so most of my "free" hours are taken up with studying, but I still try to find the time.

What is one thing you always find yourself reaching for when creating a layout? A sketch. I love them. The scrapbook I done for my brother was completely my "design" and lets just say, it’s not quite up to what I do now. Sketches are amazing.

Describe your scrapping style in just three words. Simple, meaningful and fun!

~~~~~~~~~~

Here's Vanessa's layout for Challenge 66



Check out Vanessa's blog - Nes' Scrapin' . Don't forget to let her know you dropped by!


~~~~~~~~~~


Check back with us tomorrow for our next Monday Challenge. YOU could be our next sister!

4 comments:

aimee said...

welcome vanessa!!

Unknown said...

Nice reading about you, Vanessa :-) I still have scrapbooks from when I was in highschool, too.

Beverley Todd said...

Woo-Hoo! Welcome to the Sisterhood Vanessa!!

Jean Marie said...

Congrats and welcome!! :) great interview & LO!