Saturday, August 2, 2008

Monthly SPONSOR - August

I cannot believe it's already August! This summer is going waaaaaaaayyyy too fast!

The best thing about August being here is that we have another FANTASTIC new monthly sponsor!

This month's sponsor is an AMAZING place called Purple Onion Designs!!


The owner, Michelle, was extremely excited to sponsor a fabulous prize package for one lucky participant this month! Here is the prize! All you have to do to win it is complete one of our weekly challenges in the month of August! Your name will then be entered into the draw for the prize!




When Michelle told us about her site, I was very impressed with how she started it!


Here's a little bio of the company:

Purple Onion Designs is a unmounted rubber art stamp line for rubber stamp, scrapbook, mixed media & paper artists. The line specializes in alphabet stamps and offers over 20 different fonts in several sizes. These fonts are also used for sentiment and word stamps. Purple Onion Designs offers stamps ranging from the latest trends to definitions to vintage images. New stamps are added frequently. The line is very diverse so there is a little something for everyone

I started Purple Onion Designs in 2003 to fill a void in the stamp industry that I was finding. I loved using alphabet stamps to create personalized cards and projects with names and greetings. I was having trouble finding unique fonts in unmounted rubber. There were very few fonts being used for unmounted alphabet stamps just a few years ago. Many stamp companies were using the same fonts as one another for their alphabets and sentiments. There were so many great fonts out there but hardly any of them were being made into rubber stamps. I figured I was not alone in wanting a variety of new and exciting rubber stamps. I was also a new stay at home Mom at the time. Before having my daughter I had a career in retail and logistics. I thought I could combine all I had learned and start an online rubber stamp line. Besides, it was a great way to justify sitting around all day stamping! The day to day business side definitely consumes most of my creative time. However, this side has enabled me to be a part of a warm and friendly community. I have been fortunate to have met some truly wonderful new friends & extremely talented people.

Thanks so much for your support!!

No comments: