Friday, May 25, 2007

What does Angie really LOVE about scrapbooking?

We asked Angie some questions about why she scrapbooks and what the process is like for her.

How/Why did you start scrapbooking? I postponed starting scrapbooking because I knew once I started that it would take all of my time and money. (am I psychic or what?) When my son was almost a year old, I decided I should start. A friend of mine showed me her Creative Memories stuff and it was all over from there.

How long have you been scrapbooking? Just over 2 years.
What is it about scrapbooking that you really love? I love recording my feelings in my journaling so that one day my children and grandchildren and great- grandchildren will have some insight in to who I am. I also love the artistic escape it allows me to have. I like to use the other side of my brain after a long day of work and taking care of children.

How many hours a week do you scrapbook? Anywhere from 4 to 14. It just depends on the week, how much is going on with the kids and work, and how exhausted I am.

How long does it take you to complete a layout? It depends. If I have an idea in mind, I can sometimes whip one out in an hour. If I don’t have a set idea, sometimes it can take days of moving, rearranging, walking away, and coming back to it.

Where do you get your inspiration? Of course from my children, but I really like to pull from fabric designs, magazine/catalog layouts, and sometimes even structural architecture.

Sisterhood...a celebration of the he{ART}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have enjoyed your week of sister...was great fun getting to know you a little better :)Congratulations again :)!