Sunday, November 23, 2008

SISTER Sunday - Nov. 23rd

Katie Skiff

Tell us about your family: I live in a small Montana town with my hubby of 8 years, our three kids, David, RC and McKinley. They are my inspirations for scrapbooks and keeping a tale of their lives is why I continue to scrapbook. I want the kids and their kids to be able to remember things we do with them. The good, the bad and the ugly.

Favorite Snack: anything chocolate really…mostly Peanut M&M’s

Favorite Drink: coffee until noon, a mountain dew once a day and then I stick to water! LOL….

Favorite Paper: I love Bazzill Bling cs and I love My Mind’s Eye paper lines.

Favorite Technique: is more of a stamping…I like paper piecing…so fun!

Favorite Embellishment: buttons!! I try to use them on all my layouts!!

Favorite Scrap Tool: my trimmer. Really – I can do without the rest, but I need my trimmer!

Favorite Adhesive: Herma tabs

How/Why did you start scrapbooking? I started scrapping at a Creative Memories crop. I knew nothing before that day, just went with pictures in hand. Since then I haven’t stopped! I really saw how important preserving not just the photos, but the story and the meaning in those pictures. I always enjoyed looking through my grandmas old photos, but never knew anything about them. So the scrapbooks are super important to me.

How long have you been scrapbooking? Since 1999…while pregnant with our first.

What is it about scrapbooking that you really love? Besides the importance of keeping the photos and stories together, I also love how therapeutic it all is. I can immerse myself in this craft for hours at a time and not have to worry about the everyday stress of life. And I have a good outcome at the end of it all.
~*~*~*~*~
We'll learn a bit more about Katie during the week. You can check out her blog - Just Me, and her gallery at Split Coast Stampers.
Here's Katie's submission for Challenge 81


For now, hope you're enjoying the online crop!!

2 comments:

Jean Marie said...

Congratulations and Welcome!!
What a cute little house!!!

Rose Ann said...

Hello and congrats!!
Adorable house project.
Have a great day!