Sunday, June 8, 2008

SISTER Sunday - June 8th


Good Morning, all!
Please help us welcome our newest sister -- Amber Curtis!


Tell us about your family: I have been married to my fantastic husband and best friend who indulges my scrapping obsession for 16years and we have three beautiful kids ages 15, 13 and 6 who inspire my creations. We also have 3 dogs that from time to time creep into a layout or two.
How/Why did you start scrapbooking? I took a trip to Utah when my daughter was 2 years old and my husband's aunt had this neat scrapbook room. She told me about this little local store that I had to check out before we left. About a hundred dollars later I left with several bags of goodies since we didn't have these stores in Arizona. I've always scrapped in one sort or another though. I have scrapbooks from high school that I am carefully removing items from so I can make them a little more acid free.
How long have you been scrapbooking? I joined the current trend about 13 years ago and joined the online world of scrapbooking about 4 years ago.
What is it about scrapbooking that you really love? I love the colors and patterns. I love playing with paper and "glue". I love that my 6 year old goes through the books and finds such joy in the memories I've put on paper.
How many hours a week do you scrapbook? On a really good week I would say about 6 - 8 but there are weeks when life is demanding more attention and I only get in a little bit of time.
How long does it take you to complete a layout? Usually around half an hour to an hour. Sometimes though I start a layout and it just isn't coming together so I'll put it aside overnight or even for a few days until inspiration hits me again.
Where do you get your inspiration? Everywhere! TV commercials, printads, magazines, other fabulously talented scrappers and the pictures and events in my life.
~~~~~~~~~~
Here is Amber's layout for Challenge 57:
Visit Amber's gallery to see more of her beautiful work! Also, check our her blog - Crazy Momma
~~~~~~~~~~

We learn more about Amber during the week. Drop by tomorrow for our next scrapping challenge!


1 comment:

Jean Marie said...

Congratulations and Welcome!
Wow!16 years of memories how wonderful!
Your lo challenge is wonderful,I really like how you framed the photos!