Sunday, June 1, 2008

SISTER Sunday - June 1/08

I was thinking this morning that I am so blessed to have sisters...... and to have FOUR, well that's just over the top :-) Sisters are always there for you no matter what. They stand up for you when you need help. They love and support you in all you do. They listen to you when you need listening and they aren't afraid to tell you something you need being told!

I know there are lots of you in "internet land" that don't have sisters. This is one of the reasons we started this blog -- to be "sisters" to those without, and also to be encouragers to those that share the same interest as we do. I think I can speak on behalf of Deanne and Susan when I say that all of our internet sisters have been an encouragement and a blessing to us as well!!

We are happy to introduce you to our sister for this week!



Lynn Robertson, from Scotland
Tell us about your family: I’m an only child and live at home with my mum & dad. Our house can be quiet with just the three of us but I have a very large extended family with lots of cousins to make up for not having any brothers or sisters.
How/Why did you start scrapbooking? Seemed the perfect hobby for me. I have always collected maps, tickets, bits of memorabilia and kept journals. I love crafting and photography, so scrapbooking was the ideal hobby to tie everything together.

How long have you been scrapbooking? 5 years now. I started scrapbooking in the Spring of 2003 but it is only in the past year that I have discovered my scrapping style & got into scrapbooking in a BIG way.

What is it about scrapbooking that you really love? I love journaling and knowing that precious memories and stories are recorded forever in my layouts. I also like recording special relationships & details of the things that mean the most to me.

How many hours a week do you scrapbook? About 20 hours.

How long does it take you to complete a layout? 3 hours on average, but could be anything from 1 hour to a couple of days if I leave a layout & come back to it. I’m really indecisive so can stand for ages pushing bits of paper & embellishments around before sticking anything down.

Where do you get your inspiration? Blogs and magazines mainly. I sometimes browse online galleries or treat myself to a new book.

Describe your scrap space. Do you like/dislike it? My bedroom doubles up as my scrapbook studio. I really like spending time in there. I have an area for uni work at a desk under my bed and the rest of the room is dedicated to scrapbooking. I have a drawing board where I stand to scrap and a large wall unit to store 5 years worth of stash. I have a high sleeper bed which allows for more floor space to spread everything out


~~~~~~~~~

Here is Lynn's layout for Challenge 56:


"This is my LO taking inspiration from a holiday celebrated on my Mum's Birthday - The International Day of Radiant Peace. As her name is Irene, which also means peace, I thought this theme would be for a LO. The Chinese symbol on the ribbon and die-cut means water which is also fitting with the birthday theme as her star sign is Aquarius, the water carrier."


You can see more of Lynn's work in her UKScrappers gallery, and on her blog - My Life In A Scrapbook.


~~~~~~~~~

Drop by tomorrow when we reveal our next challenge and our sponsor for JUNE! Great stuff, ladies! You won't want to miss it!


3 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful layout!!
Welcome to the Sisterhood :)

Olivia said...

Thank you!
I'm delighted to be a sister :)

Jean Marie said...

Congrats & Welcome :)!
What a beautiful lo & wonderful thought that went into creating this lo!