Monday, June 30, 2008

CHALLENGE Monday-June 30th

Wow, June is almost gone! And this week is your last chance to have your name added for the wonderfully AMAZING June kit from our sponsor Create My Keepsake !


OK, ready for this week's challenge?

This week I want you to step out of your comfort zone and create a layout, altered project, tag or card using a color that you very RARELY use, and have this the predominant color in your creation!



When you complete your LO, email it to us at sisterhood.of.scrap@gmail.com by Sunday, July 6!
This will give you a chance to become our NEXT sister, and you will have your name in the draw to win the prize from our sponsor this month!

Here's what the Sisters created this week!



PAMELA says "I rarely use yellow on my scrapbook pages...I have just never been a yellow person. But combine this challenge with a line of patterned paper that I love, and it wasn't too difficult. :) I love how it turned out. These are my parents a long time ago...I am guessing about 1980."

DEANNE says "Purple is a color that I don't usually use, but I HAVE used it. With these pics of my boy I just HAD to use purple since every piece of his clothing just happened to be purple!"

~based on a sketch by Cherie Averill


CARLA says "I used pastel colors -- something I rarely use :-)"
*That's our mom! She is STILL teaching and she's 60-something! Isn't that amazing!
SUSAN says "No time to create a new LO this week but this is a LO I created a couple of weeks ago using the Create My Keepsake May kit! I don't use the color yellow often but this paper not hard to use at all."



12 comments:

Christina said...

A couple of months ago there was a challenge like this on another site and I had picked green as my rarely used...now it's the first one I pick up...so now I need to find another color for this one...it will probly become my new favorite too!!

Day said...

Oh I like this idea! Now to decide what color I use the least...

Jean Marie said...

Wow!!these are all great layouts...you ladies must try the colors more often!
Beustiful job!

Olivia said...

Perfect challenge for me this week, I've just ordered a few papers from a range that is totally different from my normal. Hope they arrive in time for me to take part in this challenge :)

Julie Overby said...

Great challenge and fantastic pages! I'd have to say that purple and yellow are probably my two that I don't scrap with either. Well....baby blue is probably right up there too! LOL!

V Colbourne said...

Loveddddd this challenge. I have it completed, just need to scan it (which I HATE doing)...heehee. I really wanted to use some peach ribbon my mom gave me that I figured I'd never have a reason to use, but it did come in handy!

Shannon said...

I'm with Deanne on this one... PURPLE is definately a colour I avoid scrapping with!!

V Colbourne said...

I just uploaded my layout: http://newfienes.blogspot.com/2008/07/sisterhood-of-scrap-entry.html

Rikki-Lynn's Mom said...

you have mail... thanks for having a great contest!!!

Unknown said...

I finished mine, it is on my blog. :)

http://amandaanndunn.blogspot.com/2008/07/sharing-some-scrapbooking-layouts.html

My color I never use was yellow :)

Olivia said...

Glad I took part in this challenge, never use yellow or orange so combined them both in this LO:

http://mylifeinascrapbook.blogspot.com/2008/07/something-out-of-ordinary.html

pamala said...

My goodness, lots of people never use yellow! ty for doing this challenge, it inspired us all to reach out of our comfort zone and create something fab!