Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bibiana's favorite layout....

and more!


Tell us about your favorite layout you have ever completed? I don’t know about it being my absolute favourite, but this is certainly one layout that I completed recently that I’m quite proud of. I like it because of the leathery look and feel of the background, created by sticking masking tape over cardstock, and then painting over the masking tape. Every time I look at it, I just want to reach out and touch the background! I’m also pleased that I was able to step away from bright, cluttered pages for once, step outside my comfort zone, and create something simple yet elegant. Finally, I love the works of art created by the artist Mucha, and this layout pays tribute to his work. The cards were purchased at the Mucha Museum in Prague – each card is a different work of art, and I’ve been wanting to use them for some time to create a layout, and now I have!






Describe your scrapping style in just three words. Colourful, girly and unpredictable! By the last, I mean that I don't often plan my layouts – I just grab whatever I think will go together and just go with the flow! It's often a mystery to myself what my page will end up like!

What do you love the most about scrapping? Creating something beautiful that I can treasure for years to come.

What do you dislike the most about scrapbooking? I always create lots of mess and I don't like tidying it up!

What topic do you find the most difficult to scrap? Myself, because I have very few photos of myself, and I'm also quite a private person and find it hard to share my deepest, darkest secrets with others.

Have you ever taught a scrapbooking class? Not formally, but I recently led the girls in my scrapbooking group through making a book/box circle journal.

Have you ever been published? No.


What type of camera do you use? Canon digital SLR (EOS30D model)

What would be your perfect day? A day where I'm exploring a new country/culture with my trusty camera in hand! I can't imagine my life without my camera and my scrapbooking supplies – they bring me much joy and help me to relax!





1 comment:

V Colbourne said...

Wow, so let me get this right...you created that textured paper by putting masking tape over the cardstock? Wooooowwwww, amazes me, looks so awesome. I need to try this!! :)