Sunday, May 11, 2008

SISTER Sunday - May 11th

Good Morning, everyone! Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, and also the mothers-to-be :-) Yours (ours!) is a very important job -- one with LOTS of blessings and benefits. Hope you are all enjoying your special day!

We are welcoming a new sister this morning. She is Amanda Dunn from Arizona!


Amanda sent in this beautiful layout for Challenge 53:



Tell us about your family: I have been married to my husband since February 2004. We met in the Navy, he’s still in, but I got out in 2005. I have a step-daughter, who is 10, and we have one little girl, who is 2. She is the subject of 85% of my layouts.


How/Why did you start scrapbooking? My sister was into "Close to My Heart" stamping and in 1999 I went to a party with her. I had a lot of fun, but I never bought any stamps because I was in the Navy and I didn’t have any room to keep a bunch of supplies. Whenever I had time I started buy things at the store to make small scrapbooks and eventually just strayed away from the whole stamping part. When I got out of the Navy in 2005, and we moved into our house, I had plenty of room for scrapping goodies. I have basically been scrapping ever since then.


How long have you been scrapbooking? I first started 9 years ago, but I basically took a 5 year break in there. Heehee.

What is it about scrapbooking that you really love? I love the idea of getting my memories down on paper for my daughter. I think it will be awesome for her to have to look back on when she has children of her own.


How many hours a week do you scrapbook? Anywhere from 5-15. Depends on how much time I can get away to my scrapping area. :-)


How long does it take you to complete a layout? It depends on it I have the idea in my head already or not. If I have an idea of what I want it to look like already it doesn’t take any longer than an hour. Some of my layouts take up to two hours.


Where do you get your inspiration? From a lot of places. Lately I have been getting a lot of inspiration watching cartoons with Haley. I get ideas from magazines, songs, and of course looking at galleries on my favourite scrapping websites.


~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of galleries, you can see some of Amanda's work HERE! and also her blog HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~


We're looking forward to seeing more from Amanda during the week. Drop by tomorrow for our next weekly challenge!





1 comment:

Jean Marie said...

Congratulations Amanda!Look forward to your week of inspiration and tips!Love the fresh style you bring to your los!