Saturday, March 15, 2008

SKETCH Saturday-Mar. 15th Karen Brierley

Our featured sketch artist today is
KAREN BRIERLEY!
Here' s a little about her:

I have been scrapbooking for a little over three years. I scrap as a creative outlet, and to record my memories in a way that is meaningful to me, and to my family. I'm a paper scrapper through and through, but I really enjoy playing with digital elements.I am a fairly low-key scrapper and I've never had any layouts published in magazines.

I am a design team member at two Australian online stores:

Crafting in Style (www.craftinginstyle.com.au) and Scrap with V (www.scrapwithv.com.au).

I also have a blog: http://beingkaren.blogspot.com which is dedicated to my creative life and the things that inspire me. I love blog visitors, please visit any time :)I have always sketched out my ideas in sketches, but it's only recently thatI've begun to share them. I was thrilled to be asked to contribute to the Sisterhood of Scrap blog, and I hope you like my sketch.


And here's her sketch and a layout sample:
Sketch created with Photoshops Elements 4 using digital elements downloaded free the internet:

Scrap Girls - Theresa Kavouras - "Love Love Love" paper
Scrap Girls - Valerie Randall - "Altered State" ribbon lace
2 peas - Anne Langpap - Oct 2005 collection - pink flower paper
2 peas - Rhonna Farrer - "Free Love" journalling spot
Shabby Princess - "Shabby Mommy" alphabet letters
Shabby Princess - "Spring Breeze" pink paper
Shabby Princess - "Amore" brads
Font: Stylograph

Thanks so much for the great sketch, Karen.
Remember, scrappers, let us know if you try Karen's sketch!
Card-makers, I challenge you to use the sketch to create a card!!!

No comments: