Sunday, March 9, 2008

SISTER Sunday - March 9th

Good Morning, sisters! Hope your "spring ahead" is more springy than us in Newfoundland! We awoke to a blizzard this lovely morning. Uggh! ......and it's supposed to be snowing ALL day! Double UGGH!


On to nicer news -- we have a new sister!




Kendra O’Callaghan


Tell us about your family: I have been married to my husband Jeff for 13 years. We have 2 sons, Eliot is 11 and Nolan is 5. Our daughter Johanna is 8.

How/Why did you start scrapbooking? I started scrapbooking to give my mom an album of my kids professional portraits. They were all in manila folders on top of her microwave…GASP!!! I swore I would never want albums myself but I made such good friends at that first Creative Memories crop that I couldn’t stop with just 1 album

How long have you been scrapbooking? December 2003.

What is it about scrapbooking that you really love? I never considered myself an artist because I thought you had to be able to draw or paint. Using different combinations of papers & embellishments I am able to create works of art that matter to my family and me.

How many hours a week do you scrapbook? I probably average about 10-15 hours a week. Some weeks more, some not at all.

How long does it take you to complete a layout? It really depends on the layout. I’ve put some of my favorites together in 15 minutes. Other times I will spend days on it. I will put a layout away and come back to it later if things don’t feel right.

Where do you get your inspiration? My internet friends, blogs, & sketch sites.



*****
Kendra's blog - the way i scrap it Drop by and leave a note :-)


Take a look at Kendra's submission for challenge 44:



*****
Stop by tomorrow for our next challenge. You could be our next sister!


Sisterhood...a celebration of the he{ART}

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Congratulations Kendra! :)

Stacey said...

Congrats Kendra!!

Jean Marie said...

Congratulations Kendra!Look forward to your week!