Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A little more about Kelli!

How/Why did you start scrapbooking? To document my life

How long have you been scrapbooking? Since 1978, primitive scrapping back then

What is it about scrapbooking that you really love? The ability to show my craft and get positive feedback from others

How many hours a week do you scrapbook? 5-10 hours

How long does it take you to complete a layout? Between 30 minutes and 2 hours

Where do you get your inspiration? My pictures

______________________________________________
I wanted to comment a bit on the primitive scrapbooking :-) I wonder how many of us have the traditional paper scrapbooks (the kind they use in primary school) kept from way back when! I know I have 4 or 5 stored away, with everything from gum wrappers, to receipts, to plastic shopping bags and love notes. I would keep everything. There's no order to my books, and things are just scotch-taped over my pages, but the memories are so wonderful!
I pulled them out a few weeks ago for my children to look at and they couldn't believe the stuff I saved. The problem now is, when I want them to toss some of their junk, they are quick to remind me that I kept stuff just like it! Haha!
I am glad that scrapbooking has evolved the way it has, but I can still appreciate my old scrapbooks. How about you?

Sisterhood...a celebration of the he{ART}

2 comments:

kelli said...

I love the to look at them and see how far I have come and then I look and wonder should I update these pages of reciepts, napkins and things. Probably not they would lose their innocence just like the times

Deanne Clarke said...

I have scrapbooks like that too!!!All kinds of stuff in them!!!I also kept EVERY gum wrapper and wrote the name of the person who gave it to me and on what date.