Sunday, September 13, 2009

SISTER Sunday - Sept 13th

More about Lois :-)

Tell us about your favorite layout you have ever completed?
I don’t really have a favorite, but some I like more than others and it depends on what mood I’m in! I did one of my Mother when she was being ‘courted’ by my Dad and have it framed in my scrap room… I love that one because it looks aged and the photo is a ‘sweetheart’ photo done for my Dad…

What do you love the most about scrapping?
The peace of mind and pleasure it gives me.

What do you dislike the most about scrapbooking?
I don’t like that since scrapbooking became so big, that the ‘big box’ stores are really cashing in and taking business away from the smaller specialized scrapbooking stores. However, that brings me to another thing I don’t like – there is far too much money being charged for supplies… what ever happened to it being less expensive to make things yourself!?

What topic do you find the most difficult to scrap?
I don’t really have a problem scrapping any topic so far… I have scrapped things about myself, the death of my parents… etc. which are pretty personal.

Have you ever taught a scrapbooking class?
No, but I have been asked a number of times and it might happen yet!

Have you ever been published?
No, I have submitted in the past but soon found that I am just not that interested in playing the game.

What type of camera do you use?
I have just replaced my little Canon 1000 that died suddenly with the next one up which is the SD1100 so I can use the same batteries… For what I do, I have found that the photos are good and it’s small and easy to use.

What would be your perfect day?
Well, I’d get up and discover I’m thin with a vanilla latte in my hand and I’m living on a cruise ship in a penthouse suite and it’s got the most organized and complete scrapping room ever!

I can't imagine my life without ...
my husband…he is so supportive of everything I do and encouraged me to retire in 2003 while he worked. He has no problem with anything I want for my ‘addiction’ to this craft – how great is that!?!


No comments: